Friday 16 November 2012

The first weekend

It's the weekend! Wanting to stick to my goals of healthy eating, I have decided that I am going to make my meals in advance so I have no excuse to run up the road and grab fast food.... Ok, that was a joke, we all know I would drive, not run.

This morning I made up 500g of mince, with eggplant, onion, carrots, zucchini and mushrooms. Half was frozen for breakfasts (thrown on toast, yummo!) and the other half was eaten this morning and saved for dinner tonight. 

Lunch is going to be a chicken soup casserole thing that I made last night. A bit of cream of mushroom soup, some fresh veggies and cooked & diced mushrooms, thrown in a bowl with a sprinkle of cheese and breadcrumbs ontop. Cooked in the oven until golden, it tasted amazing. Today, *looks at the time* soon, i am going to cut a hole in the top of some bread rolls (multi-grain) and tear the guts out of it, fill with the left over casserole & chuck in the oven until toasty & crisp. Simple.

I have already found that when I plan ahead, and make extra so I have left overs, the next day is so much easier to eat properly. With the lovely storm we have here atm I just want to lounge around and do nothing. It is hot, humid and sticky. Washing is done, house is clean and frankly, I am feeling lazy. The last thing I need is to eat junk food on a day like today, so score to me for planning ahead!

What are some quick, easy recipes that you make in advance?

No comments:

Post a Comment