Tuesday 4 December 2012

Work that ass off!

What a week! The weather has blasted us as we have suddenly gone from warm pleasant days to the height of summer. 35-40 degree heat is becoming normal and exercise and cooking is becoming oh so hard.

Determination. One word we all need to believe 110% in. Without determination, this weather would have many of us (myself included) sitting on our ass, by the pool, drinking a nice icy drink (and usually alcoholic at that) or sitting under the air con or fan begging for relief.

Determination has driven me to take advantage of this weather and push myself. I don't think about how hot and sweaty bootcamp sessions are before we even start, instead I am getting the mindset that the sooner I get there, the sooner I start. If I push myself harder, the session flies by and is over before I know it, then I get an awesome reward - (not ice cream!) A swim! The awesome feeling of my heart hammering, my body dripping with sweat, knowing I am working towards my goal, then jumping in the water (at the beach or home in the pool)  and cooling down is just amazing. It is so good infact that I have gone from bootcamp 2-3 times a week to 4 times this week and 5 the following!

Find the positive in every situation and determination will push you through! I am looking at my goals with a smile on my face knowing that I am getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment